Volunteers to support Covid-19 vaccination rollout
North Central London’s Volunteer Network is supporting our response to the pandemic, including the Covid vaccination programme by matching volunteers to calls for help across the system.
The network has been asked to support the NHS in a number of key areas by providing volunteers to:
- act as marshals, helping patient flow at Covid-19 vaccination hubs
- help with the timely discharge of patients from hospitals by providing transport to get people home and help with shopping and to check their heating is switched on and their home warm.
- provide lifts for elderly residents to vaccination centres
North Central London’s worksteam programme has provided a role description for volunteers, who must be registered with a local voluntary organisation in Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey or Islington.
- Download the role description for volunteers
NHS organisation working across NCL that need to volunteers to support the Covid-19 response can contact borough volunteer leads.
Local borough-based support for volunteer recruitment, this is further backed up and supported in NCL by the NHS Volunteer Responder service which will help fulfil requests for volunteers where needed.
- Go to NHS Volunteer Responders