NCL Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub
Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust and Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust have recently received funding of over £400,000 from NHS England and NHS Improvement’s People Plan. This money will mean we can continue work started in the first phase of the pandemic to deliver wellbeing and psychological support for north central London health and care staff.
The Together in Mind website (https://togetherinmind.nhs.uk/) will form a hub for this work and will capture direct feedback from the workforce; provide tailored original content in response to workforce feedback e.g. podcasts from experts across NCL; curate existing resources and tools; and signpost to local, regional and national initiatives.
In early 2021 a health chat platform will launch to enable real-time signposting and referral into local services.
Support for Organisations includes:
- a multi-disciplinary clinical team (drawn from organisations across NCL) who are focused on proactive outreach to partner organisations to encourage staff to seek support when required
- support to establish reflective groups across organisations and to build capacity within staff to sustain these moving forwards
Support for Teams includes:
- a range of training offers for managers and team leaders, including regular drop-in webinars/Q&As and bookable virtual/face-to-face training sessions
- key topic areas will include trauma: impact of trauma and self-care; organisational change; leadership; mental health and wellbeing
- from March 2021 online-only asynchronous training will be made available which can be accessed by all health and social care staff across NCL at a convenient time
Support for individual staff includes:
- the hub will not offer direct psychological support but there will be a dedicated space for people who are in an acute state and we will provide a rapid clinical assessment
- who do not wish to engage in psychological services or therapy at this time, we will offer active monitoring where appropriate
If you work for a health and social care organisation in North Central London and would like to request support, or get in touch to find out more email email@example.com