We take your safety very seriously. All NCL sites conform to the highest standards of protection for our team members and the public. Social distancing is observed, and you will be provided with personal protective equipment (PPE). You will also be offered a vaccination if you haven’t had one already.
We are recruiting for two roles:
Registered healthcare professional (band 5)
As a registered healthcare professional, you will be enabling the delivery of vaccinations in our large vaccination clinics. Duties include:
- Conducting pre-vaccination clinical assessments.
- Reviewing patient medical histories and any potential adverse reactions.
- Preparing the vaccine prior to administration by using aseptic technique.
- Dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials.
- Setting up the vaccination station.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to policies and procedures.
Clinical supervisor (band 6)
As a COVID-19 Clinical Supervisor you be responsible for overseeing a team of Immunisers. You will be responsible for:
- Supervising clinical assessments of patients prior to vaccination
- Supporting the reviews of complex medical histories, any potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
- Ensuring the vaccination station, from set up to running the station, complies with relevant procedures
- Clinical supervision of safe immunisations
- Supervision of drawing up and preparation of the vaccine before administration and ensuring that each vaccine activity is recorded.
- Delivery of the safe immunisation service and assisting any agreed changes needed within the setting and service areas.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to policies and procedures
These are temporary roles, administered through the NCL vaccination staff bank.
Our large vaccination centres are well known sites with good public transport links. We are opening new locations across North Central London all the time and once you join, we’ll let you know when a new centre is opening in your area. Our live sites are currently:
Neighbourhood Health Centre
151 Park Road
19, London Road
52, Upper Street
Hourly pay rates are as per below and are inclusive of holiday pay.
All our vaccination bank shifts for North Central London are flexible, with no minimum booking. To fit around you, we offer Monday-Sunday either 8am-2pm or 2pm-8pm, or you can pick up back-to-back shifts to make a longer day.
If your registration has lapsed, you will need to join the temporary register. Please visit the below links for guidance in making an application to join the temporary register:
If you need further support with returning to nursing, please contact our senior nurse who can guide through the process.
If you are thinking about returning to nursing or practising as an AHP in the longer term, working in our vaccination clinics is one route back. Your vaccinating hours count towards your practice hours and our dedicated senior nurse will always be pleased to talk to you about returning.
You can return to practice via the temporary register at our large vaccination sites and be supported to achieve your clinical practice hours so you can return to the permanent register. We can then support you to gain a permanent position within the NHS or social care at the end of the programme.
If you’d like to explore returning to nursing route, please contact our senior nurse
Before you start working, you’ll receive first class online and face-to-face practical training at Middlesex University (Hendon Campus) to build the skills and knowledge you’ll need to work in our vaccination centres. You will be paid for your time.
When you start your role, our clinical assessors will be close by to coach and encourage you during the first two weeks while you build your confidence.
If you work in an NHS trust in our area and want to join us for an extra shift. If you work in the independent, care home or charity sector as a nurse we can easily help you to sign up via Bank Partners.
All of the providers are fully supportive of the project and you’re welcome to work with us.
Please visit www.bankpartners.co.uk/nlp/vacbank/jobs, where you can fill in a pre-screening form, which will take you through some basic eligibility checks.
If you’re eligible, you’ll then be directed to an online application form which will ask you for the following information:
- Application Form
- Professional Body Check
- Employment History
- Occupational Health
- Proofs of Address x 2
- Training Evidence or enrolment
- Right to Work.
Once you’ve passed the necessary checks, you’ll be invited to a video call to verify your identity and be sent some terms and conditions to sign, which will complete your addition to the bank.
If you have any questions, please contact: NCLHCP@bankpartners.co.uk.