COVID-19 vaccinations in North Central London
A strong partnership of councils, NHS organisations, voluntary and community organisations across Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington, is working closely together to deliver the COVID-19 vaccination programme. At present, we are inviting people from the following priority groups (in line with national guidance) to receive their first vaccination dose by mid-February:
- residents aged over 70
- clinically extremely vulnerable residents
- care home residents, carers and staff
- NHS staff
- other frontline health and social care staff.
How to get a vaccination
You will be contacted when it is your turn to get a vaccination. Please do not contact your GP, local vaccination centres or your local Council directly about getting vaccinated.
There are three ways you might be contacted:
- A local GP surgery – GP services are working together to vaccinate local residents more quickly. You may be contacted by a different surgery to the one you usually go to.
- At a vaccination centre – you will receive a letter about the option to book an appointment at one of a range of other vaccination sites in London. If you have already had your first jab, you don’t need to do anything when you receive this letter. If you can’t travel to a vaccination centre, please wait for your GP service to make contact.
- Local hospitals – you might be contacted to have the vaccination as an inpatient or outpatient.
Everyone requires two doses of the vaccination. They are being offered 10 weeks apart. Your second dose will be booked at the same place you receive your first dose.
If you have any questions about accessing a vaccination, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Three vaccines have now been confirmed as safe and highly effective by the expert Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). The latest information about the safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines is available here.
Vaccines are our best defence against the virus but with cases rising rapidly across London, we can’t afford to drop our guard. Please follow the guidance to protect yourselves and your family:
- keep 2 metres apart from anyone outside your household or bubble
- regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds or more
- cover your face and nose when you are in public indoor spaces.