GP SPIN: New Salaried portfolio roles for newly qualified GPs
The GP Federations of North Central London (NCL) and NCL Training Hub are delighted to announce a cohort of innovative posts across the boroughs of Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Camden and Islington for both GPs and general practice nurses.
The NCL General Practice Fellowship scheme for GPs
This scheme incorporates a range of elements including:
- A portfolio role for 1 year of 1-2 sessions per week working with a federation, a secondary care trust or on a taught course.
- A monthly session of facilitated peer support for 1 year. This will take place on a Wednesday afternoon.
- The portfolio role is contingent on a permanent salaried post in a local practice for 4-7 sessions per week. We are seeking expressions of interest from local practices and a list of those interested will be shared. GPs can also secure their own posts from practices not on the list so long as practices are aware of the timetabling requirements for the Fellowship such as being released to attend facilitated peer support sessions.
A range of roles are likely to be offered in primary care federations, training hubs, secondary, mental health and community care trusts and with UCLPartners. Specific details will be worked out in the coming months with roles likely to commence in January 2021. Please do contact us by completing the continued interest short form, if you would like to be kept up to date with developments.
For an informal discussion, please contact Sally Higginbottom, NCL GP SPIN Programme Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Practice nursing fellowship
The general practice nursing fellowship will be for one session per week, fixed term for one year in the first instance.
Tier 1 incorporates a range of elements including:
- Peer support
- Induction to the wider health and care system
This scheme is available to nurses who have completed basic general practice nurse training within the last 12 months.
Tier 2 incorporates a range of elements including:
- A monthly session of facilitated peer support for 1 year (Wednesday afternoons).
- Support to develop as leaders and educators
This scheme is available to established general practice nurses
To register your interest in the general practice nursing fellowships, please complete the expression of interest form by 21 August 2020.
For more information or for an informal discussion, please contact Deborah James on email@example.com
General Practice Fellow
If you are a practice and would like to be considered to host a General Practice Fellow, please complete the online online form.
For any other queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org