GP SPIN: New Salaried portfolio roles for newly qualified GPs
Applications closed - applications for these roles closed on Thursday 28 November 2019
The GP Federations of North Central London (NCL) announced a new cohort of innovative salaried GP posts. These include sessions with a local practice and then a range of salaried innovative portfolio roles (SPIN) in local Trusts. These options take into account the interests expressed in the London 2017 GP trainee survey, our local Vocational Training Scheme (VTS) survey in 2019 and discussions with a number of the local VTS schemes.
Priority given to GPs who have just completed or are about to complete their GP training and would therefore be able to take up posts from January/February 2020 and also to recently qualified GPs (up to 5 years) working as locums or otherwise not in permanent employment. It is hoped there will be another cohort of roles advertised in 2020.
The posts comprise:
- A permanent offer of a salaried GP contract in one of the listed GP practices in the NCL area of between 4 and 7 sessions a week in which the GP will be employed by the GP Practice
- A portfolio role for two sessions per week with a local provider, for one to two years
- Peer support with a mentor, as a cohort hosted by the local GP Federation/Training Hub with input from a local GP Programme Director.
- 1 role with Academic Health Science Centre, University College London Partners, working as a Health Technology Advisor with the Commercial & Innovation Team - this role is prioritised for GPs wishing to work with a GP practice in Enfield borough
- 1 role with the North London Hospice working with their palliative care team - trole open to GPs wishing to work with a GP practice in Enfield borough
- At least 1 role with North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust working with their oncology/palliative care team - this role open to GPs wishing to work with a GP practice in Enfield borough as a priority but consideration will also be given to candidates wishing to work in Haringey
- 2 roles with North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust working with their A&E department, in their Urgent Treatment Centre – one in each of the boroughs of Enfield and Haringey and open to a GP wishing to work with practices in either of these boroughs
- 1 role with Whittington Health NHS Trust in their Community Paediatrics team, working in childhood asthma - open to a GP wishing to work with a Haringey practice
- 2 roles with the Haringey GP Federation (Federated4Health) - open to a GP wishing to work with a Haringey practice
- 1 role with Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust working with their Ambulatory Care team on same day emergency care – priority given to GPs wishing to work with a Barnet or Islington practice (but consideration will be given to candidates from other boroughs)
The closing date for applications for these roles was Thursday 28 November 2019. We are no longer accepting applications.
For more information on the programme contact Sarah Barron, NCL GP SPIN Programme Manager, email email@example.com