We have developed a governance structure to enable NHS and local government partners to work together in new ways. The objectives of our governance arrangements are to:
- Support effective collaboration and trust between commissioners, providers, political leaders and the general public to work together to deliver improved health and care outcomes more effectively and reduce health inequalities across the North London system;
- Provide a robust framework for system level decision making, and clarity on where and how decisions are made on the development and implementation of the North London STP;
- Provide greater clarity on system level accountabilities and responsibilities for the North London STP;
- Enable opportunities to innovate, share best practice and maximise sharing of resources across organisations in North London; and
- Enable collaboration between partner organisations to achieve system level financial balance over the remaining 3 years of the Five Year Forward View timeframe and deliver the agreed system control total, while safeguarding the autonomy of organisations.
The North London Programme Delivery Board oversees delivery of the plan. This is an executive steering group made up of a cross section of representatives from across North London. This group is specifically responsible for providing accountability for the implementation of the workstream plans. Membership includes the Senior Responsible Officers (SRO) of each workstream and SRO leads for CCGs, Providers and Local Authorities.
Two subgroups provide advice to the Programme Delivery Board: the Health and Care Cabinet (formerly the Clinical Cabinet) and the Finance and Activity Modelling Group.
The Health and Care Cabinet meets monthly to provide clinical and professional steer, input and challenge to each of the workstreams as they develop. Membership consists of the five CCG Chairs, the eight Medical Directors, clinical leads from across the workstreams, three nursing representatives from across the footprint, Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions representatives, a representative for the Directors of Public Health and representatives for the Directors of Adult Social Services and the Directors of Children’s Services respectively.
The Finance and Activity Modelling Group is attended by the Finance Directors from all organisations (commissioners and providers). This group currently meets fortnightly, to oversee the finance and activity modelling of the workstream plans as they develop.
The workstreams are responsible for developing proposals and delivery plans in the core priority areas and feed into the overarching governance framework. Every workstream has its own governance arrangements and meeting cycles which have been designed to meet their respective specific requirements, depending on the core stakeholders involved.
The STP Advisory Board enables a collective partnership approach, and acts as the ‘sounding board’ for the implementation of the STP plans. The membership of this group includes Local Authority leaders, NHS Chairs, and Healthwatch.
In addition to the above governance groups, CEOs and other relevant executive directors and stakeholder representatives will meet quarterly for executive leadership events to enable continued engagement and momentum, regular communication, and to assist with resolving any programme delivery issues identified by the programme delivery board.
Follow this link to view a detailed governance handbook including the terms of reference for all of the governance groups.