Workshops to explore key themes emerging in Moorfields consultation
Over 1,500 responses have been received so far on the consultation to move Moorfields Eye Hospital to a new purpose built site near St Pancras and King’s Cross.
The consultation continues until 16 September, with the organisers, Camden CCG, NHS London Specialised Commissioning and Moorfields Eye Hospital, keen to hear the views of voluntary and community organisations and Healthwatches on the proposals.
Feedback can be submitted via post, email or completing an online survey, see below for contact details.
The key themes that have emerged from the consultation so far are that:
- Accessibility in terms of getting to the proposed new centre and its interior design are often the first point raised in discussions
- The majority respondents rated high quality clinical expertise as ‘very important’
- There is clear support for the proposed move
To respond to the feedback received to date to the consultation team is setting up a series or themed workshops on
- Accessibility – getting around the proposed new centre, Tuesday 17th September
- Managing the transition, Thursday 19th September
- Accessibility – getting to the proposed new site, Thursday 3rd October
In addition there will be three general consultation discussion events organised on Tuesday 10 September, Thursday 12 September and Friday 13 September. These will take place at 15 Ebenezer Street, N1 7NR and run from 2pm to 3pm.
If your organisation has a view on the proposals please contact the consultation team by
- Email email@example.com
- Post: Freepost ORIEL (there is no need for stamp)
The results of the consultation will be published in a draft feedback report in October. Residents, patients, local community organisation and stakeholders will be given an opportunity to review and, if anything is missing, feedback to the consultation team.
The final consultation report will be published and considered by the decision-making committee in early 2020 and the final decision will be announced shortly afterwards
- Subscribe to update on the consultation developments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
See also Moorfields Oriel website: https://oriel-london.org.uk/get-involved/