NCL Paediatric Asthma Conference
Tuesday 7th May 2019, 1pm to 5pm
Dr Vin Diwakar, NHS England’s Regional Medical Director for London, is the keynote speaker at North Central London (NCL) Paediatric Asthma Conference which takes place on Tuesday 7 May 2019. He will speak on 'The Vision for London’s Health and Care system: children, young people and asthma.'
Other speakers include:
- Dr Joanna Yong, from Barnet who will talk about ‘Children and Young People (CYP) Primary Care Network Asthma Collaboration – Locality Based Group Education: Our experience so far’
- Adama Kargbo from Camden who will give an overview of the Atopy nurse role
- Haringey’s Olivia Hammond will discuss Asthma friendly schools
- Collette Datt and John Moreiras from Whittington Health will talk about their approach to 48 hour reviews
- Asthma Darzi Fellow and Paediatric Registrar Tom Holliday and NLP Director of Delivery, Richard Dale, will run a session on ‘Asthma and the wider system: working beyond traditional boundaries’
- Sarah Dougan, Deputy Director for Camden and Islington Public Health, will discuss the benefits of taking a Population Health approach.
The conference is free to attend but booking is essential. There are a few places left to book go to Eventbrite Asthma conference.
Sam Rostom, CYP Programme Director for NCL, said: “There has been much coverage in the national press of the increasing evidence around the impact of poor air quality on a growing number of children.
“We are seeing more studies finding a causal link between the growing number of children with asthma and the poor quality of the air in which they live. It’s an important issue and is rightly a priority for North London Partners in health and care. Only by working together as a network of local agencies that are able to impact on all of the links and triggers can we improve the outcomes for our children, young people and their families.”
North London Partners have been working since September 2018 to develop a co-ordinated, multi-agency approach to tackling childhood asthma – with a focus on both local needs-led and borough-based integrated solutions, as well as strategic approaches across the five boroughs of north central London, where it makes sense to do so.
The conference is an opportunity for staff working across NCL to contribute to delivery of the paediatric asthma plan and meet the colleagues from other boroughs who are working to deliver better outcomes for children and young people with asthma.
For more information or to book your free ticket, go to Eventbrite Asthma conference.